Tuesday, March 1, 2011

The High Dive

I used to tell my friends I had an irrational lack of fear of heights.  It's true.  The normal fears - germs, heights, public speaking - don't phase me.  Sharing my writing, on the other hand, terrifies me.  I'm an English major.  I know what good writing looks like, and I know I don't write classics. (Although, I am of the opinion that some of the classics are just called that because they're public domain and cheap to publish.  It's a conspiracy between Boarders, Amazon and Barns and Noble...maybe.) Yet, I can't get better by hoarding my thoughts in my mind.  I need to start somewhere, and blogging sounded like a good jumping off point.  This way if it really stinks, it's ok because so do at least 70 percent of blogs on the internet, right?

Of course right! So if you don't read for any other reason than to give me feedback, that's fine.  If you don't read at all, I'll never know so that's fine too.  If I venture into terrible fantasy and sci-fi, I'm sure you'll forgive me.  Mostly I'm going to try to stick with what I know - memories, moments, ponderings, short stories and the like.

2 comments:

  1. Yay! I'm so excited to follow your blog! I love reading what you write, and this is such a wonderful way to write with no pressure! Looking forward to it, darling!

    ReplyDelete